I have eaten
that were in
you were probably
for statistical purposes
I am an outlier
should not have been counted
"Average poem parodied three times a year" factoid is actually statistical error. Average poem is parodied 0 times a year. This is Just To Say by William Carlos Williams, which is not a metaphor for Plato’s cave and is parodied over 10,000 times each day, is an outlier and should not have been counted.
- Am I the only one who thinks the anthropomorphic version of the Impala would be a six foot tall, 45-year-old black woman who would beat the crap out of anything that threatened her boys with a crowbar and take absolutely no crap from Dean?
i have been waiting for this to come back to my dash for months
I’ve never seen anything more perfect in my entire life
(Source: thegeicobrothers, via traveling-magpie)
dime que me amas
grouchy babies blu blu blu
Oota choou 太田聴雨 (1896-1958)
Hoshi wo miru josei 星をみる女性 (Women observing stars) - 1936
Years in the future, but not many…
A while back I got to do a little piece for an ATLA fanzine and now it’s finally out! I have to say all the zines turned out really lovely, so check them out when you can. Thanks to Holli for compiling it all!
Ten questions to ask a friend who just read your novel -
Found this article. Found it incredibly helpful. Be sure to go read the full story, but these are the ten questions the author (Lydia Netzer) covers in it:1. At what point did you feel like “Ah, now the story has really begun!”
2. What were the points where you found yourself skimming?
3. Which setting in the book was clearest to you as you were reading it? Which do you remember the best?
4. Which character would you most like to meet and get to know?
5. What was the most suspenseful moment in the book?
6. If you had to pick one character to get rid of, who would you axe?
7. Was there a situation in the novel that reminded you of something in your own life?
8. Where did you stop reading, the first time you cracked open the manuscript? (Can show you where your first dull part is, and help you fix your pacing.)
9. What was the last book you read, before this? And what did you think of it? (This can put their comments in context in surprising ways, when you find out what their general interests are. It might surprise you.)
10. Finish this sentence: “I kept reading because…”
With avocado season upon us, it seems only fitting that we pay a little more attention to this rich, creamy, and healthy fruit (yes, it’s a fruit!). While most people associate avocados with guacamole, today we’ve put together a collection of creative and unique recipes to show you how versatile avocados can truly be:
- Avocado Hummus: Swap out some of the chickpeas in a traditional hummus for avocado, giving this dip a beautiful green hue and extra creamy texture.
- Avocado Fries with Lemon Garlic Aioli: The first time we had cooked avocado, we were floored! Slices of avocado are breaded and baked until crispy then served with a cool garlic-y sauce for dipping.
- Grapefruit and Avocado Salad: This is the perfect clean-eating salad. Tart ruby red grapefruit and creamy pieces of avocado are served on top of a bed of spinach with an intense cassis vinaigrette.
- Strawberry Avocado Gorgonzola Salad: A party of colors and flavors! This crunchy, creamy, tangy, and sweet salad uses a bounty of fresh ingredients for a healthy lunch.
- Grilled Avocado Sandwich: Who needs grilled cheese when you can have grilled avocado? The toasty crust of the bread leads into a creamy shmear of avocado, crunchy slices of radish, and spicy pickled jalapenos for a tex-mex inspired sandwich.
- Green Quinoa Salad: This Mediterranean-inspired salad pairs quinoa with olives, mint, parsley, celery, and avocado for an easy and elegant salad that’s delicious served chilled or at room temp.
- Creamy Avocado and Gouda Pasta:What a genius idea! Pureeing avocado with shredded gouda, pine nuts, and garlic turns it into a reinvented “pesto” that melts into a creamy sauce when tossed with hot pasta.
- Chipotle Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quinoa Cakes with Creamy Avocado Sauce: These crispy yet healthy fritters get a smoky kick from chipotle chili powder and cumin. Kevin turns the avocados into a creamy buttermilk dressing to cool you off.
- Avocado Ice Cream: The subtle sweetness of avocados is perfect for dessert! This may sound strange but cultures around the world have been using avocados in sweets for years. This recipes is Vietnamese-inspired with sweetened condensed milk and a squeeze of lime.
sometimes asters are associated with virgo
literally means ‘star’ but in flower language can mean ‘elegance’ so i think it fits well?
Painfully accurate model of the solar system if the moon were the size of a single pixel.
The wit is absolutely fantastic.